Detailed review of Tailwind for Pinterest
Tailwind Review: Pinterest Marketing on Autopilot
Pinterest brings me the most visitors to my website these days. Not this website, but a side hustle of mine. And I wouldn’t be able to do this without Tailwind. This is an app that makes it very easy to schedule Pins. Tailwind saves a lot of time and is a useful tool for your Pinterest marketing. What are the advantages of Tailwind?
What is Tailwind?
Tailwind is a tool to automatically post your Pins to Pinterest. (It is also a really smart and awesome Instagram Scheduler, CLICK HERE to read the review if you want an Instagram scheduler) But it is actually much more than that. Tailwind can do much more for you than just automatically scheduling your Pins. I’m a big fan because it is a HUGE time saver and in this article I’m going to tell you why. With the help of Tailwind, the number of visitors to my side hustle website has grown enormously.
This handy Pinterest tool uses ‘smart’ planning. You schedule your Pins and the software then shares them at the most optimal times. This means you are active and visible on Pinterest on a daily basis without having to worry about your Pinterest strategy every day.
Advantage of Tailwind
I myself started trying Tailwind to save time and write this review, but I am still paying for this software, it’s that good. Pinterest wants you to be active every day and to also create and share a lot of pins (at least 10 to 30 pins per day for a good result). So if you try to do that manually, you’ll spend all day with Pinterest! Do you want to log in to Pinterest 10 times a day? Yeah me neither, I have a business to run and don’t want to spend half a day on something I do in minutes. What’s your time worth? Think about it…
At the beginning of this year, I started using Pinterest actively and tried to do it manually. But I was doing Pinterest non-stop and it stresses me out. That means that you have to log in to Pinterest about 10 to 20 times every day!
So I took a trial subscription to Tailwind. And beleive me, once you’ve used it, you don’t want anything else!
- With Tailwind you can schedule unlimited Pins. So it doesn’t matter whether you want to pin 100 times a day or 10 times a day. In any case, you no longer have to do it manually. But the great thing about Tailwind is that you have even more options.
- You can immediately schedule one pin on multiple boards. So if you have a pin that is relevant to five of your boards, you can schedule it on all of those 5 boards at once.
- Another advantage of Tailwind is that you can also schedule many pins in one go, so you can batch your content.
But I didn’t expect to get such tremendous growth. And without Tailwind I would never have been able to do that! This is a screenshot from Pinterest showing my results.
So do you want to use Pinterest marketing to improve your website traffic? It’s possible with Tailwind. And the nice thing is that you can try Tailwind for free for a month to see what you think.
Try Tailwind for free for a month by clicking the button below 👇🏼.
What can you do with Tailwind?
A big advantage of Tailwind is that you can automatically schedule pins. You can’t make it on Pinterest with one pin a day, you just can’t. When you do you get little visibility and therefore not many visitors to your website via Pinterest.
To get some decent traffic from Pinterest, you should post at least 10 pins every day. I myself place about 30 pins a day, all with the help of Tailwind. What can you do with Tailwind?
- Schedule pins automatically on the best times so your Pins are seen sooner.
- Batch content (I schedule my Pins in one go for a whole month).
- You can use groups (Tailwind Tribes) to reach more people and also get more repins.
- Create super handy board lists so you can work much more efficiently.
- Tailwind statistics are even better than Pinterest’s statistics, so you get a lot more information about which Pins and boards score well.
Below I explain all functions further, but first let me briefly explain why it is so useful to have a clear Pinterest strategy.
Pinterest is a super powerful platform to get more visitors to your website. Since the beginning of this year I have been active on Pinterest with a side hustle and since March with Tailwind. And given the results, I regret not doing this before 😉. These days I get (by far) the most traffic from Pinterest on that particular blog.
Pinterest also has the potential to become your most important traffic source, but for that to happen you need a clear Pinterest strategy, consistency, and patience.
It usually takes a few weeks for your Pins to be picked up and to see real results. So it is a matter of persistence. Pinterest also likes consistency and that means being active on a daily basis. Doing so makes it more likely that people will see and repin your Pins.
On Pinterest you share 2 types of content:
- Your own blog content: this sounds logical, but you don’t pin your blog just once and then move on. You pin it on several relevant boards and ensure that it remains in the spotlight.
- Content from others that is interesting for your followers: you pin for your target group. So share content that is interesting and valuable to them.
The more people that take action on your Pins (whether it’s your own content or other people’s content), the more often Pinterest will show your Pins in followers’ news feeds. That makes sense, if someone continuously shares quality content that people respond to, Pinterest will show them more of that kind of content. This allows you to build visibility and authority.
Below is an overview of all the useful functions of Tailwind.
Automatically schedule pins
You will find that by scheduling your pins automatically, you save a lot of time. You do not have to manually schedule Pins 10 times a day. And the great thing is that you place it strategically at the times that your followers are active. This can be very useful, especially if you are active internationally and are dealing with different time zones. But besides saving time, this planning has even more advantages.
- You can pin daily without having to post anything to Pinterest yourself.
- Automatically post Pins at the most optimal times, aka when your followers are the most active.
- Schedule Pins evenly over different boards so that your content remains in the spotlight.
Tailwind places the Pins at the best times when the people you want to reach are also active. You just need to fill your queue. And then you will automatically see more impressions of your pins and more traffic to your website.
Tailwind’s statistics are much more detailed than those of Pinterest itself. Strange but true. And knowing what works well will help you improve your Pinterest strategy. Here are some of Tailwind’s statistics:
- Profile Performance: information about your Pinterest profile: number of pins, followers, repins and how you score in terms of engagement (repins).
- Board Insights: insights into which (group) boards account for the most repins, but also when you last placed a pin on them.
- Pin Inspector: Find out what your most popular Pins are. And you can immediately repin or add it to your tribes.
Tailwind Browser extension
Install the Tailwind browser extension! This saves you so much time and makes your life a lot easier. You can easily pin from any website via Tailwind, but you can schedule multiple pins at once. Without this extension, you cannot work optimally with Tailwind.
Tailwind Board List
Another advantage of Tailwind is the Tailwind Board Lists. Do you want to pin a pin on multiple boards? Or maybe you are a member of several group boards where you want to share your Pins? Then it is very useful to work with board lists. With this function, you can create different lists of boards. And then you can schedule one pin on dozens of boards. You just have to select the list name and your pin will be scheduled on all these boards.
Tailwind Tribes are groups within Tailwind. You can compare it with Facebook groups. They are groups where you share your content with a group of people to get more repins. Each tribe has its own rules, but usually, you have to pin 1 or 2 pins for each pin you place. The advantage is that the chance of repins is greater through these tribes.
Try Tailwind for free?
You can try it for free for a month. Create a Tailwind account BY CLICKING HERE. You do not have to enter credit card information. If you do this via my link you can try it out for free for a month. You can also post 100 Pins for free. After a month you decide whether you take a paid subscription (10 dollars per month). If it doesn’t work for you after a month you can just stop. But I guarantee that when you use it correctly it will save you SO MUCH TIME, that you will gladly pay $10 a month for Tailwind.
- HUGE time saver
- Very useful statistics
- Very low monthly fee
- Can drive BIG amounts of traffic to your site
- Haven’t found any